Level Up is a co-working studio for game developers and digital artists located in central Wellington in the Cuba precinct on Dixon St.
Our goal is to provide an environment that is welcoming, warm, fun, and conducive to making awesome games.
Kiwis love to punch above their weight and Level Up embodies this approach. It is a launching pad to grow an idea and take it global. We are more than just a co-working space - we’re also a community of industry insiders, artists working across multimedia technologies, and networkers deeply involved in the Wellington/NZ gaming scene.
Level Up is positioned to stimulate interest in all things gaming - from traditional platform games to AAA titles. The kinds of products you could develop at Level Up include but are not limited to:
- Table top physical board games and card games
- Mobile and tablet gaming products
- Desktop games (from simple to advanced)
- 3D design and asset development
- Virtual and augmented reality gaming experiences
- Illustration and digital art
- Apps/software that include a gamified element
- The development of any component involved in a game, creative or technical
What we have
- Coffee / Tea
- Shared Lobby space
- Rentable lockable storage space
- 24-hour access for our Permadesk members
- Wifi / Wired LAN network
- Breathable Oxygen
- Central location
- Cuba district
- Te Aro Park
- Civic Centre
- Courtenay Place
- Theatres, cinemas, art galleries
- Wellington’s best coffee houses
- Weltec, Whitireia, Yoobee, Victoria University and other tertiary providers who provide courses in multimedia, creativity and game development
Anyone who works or aspires to work in the games industry is encouraged to apply to join our community. Our super low-cost desks and workspaces are there to support the growth of emerging and established talent. Level Up, like your ambitious self, is set to take on the world!
If that sounds like you, apply to get involved!
Every desk space has its own ‘Organic Sentinel’ that you rent off - as we all know, it is the plants that truly rule this Earth. This plant becomes your Level Up avatar, and responsibility to keep alive and nurtured. What will your plant be called? Come in, see the space, and find out! Perhaps you’ll end up planting yourself there and growing together.
No fake gamers allowed!